By Owen Linzmayer
The single Apple-certified publication on Mac OS X, this up to date best-seller will take you deep contained in the most up-to-date big-cat working procedure, masking every thing from networking applied sciences to process management, customizing the working process, command-line programming, and extra. even if you are a help technician or just an ardent Mac person, you are going to quick study and grasp the a hundred and fifty+ beneficial properties new to Mac OS X Tiger, together with the leading edge highlight seek procedure, a Dashboard packed with customizable Widget mini-apps, the Automator software for development personalized workflows, and extra. Following the training ambitions of the Apple qualified Technical Coordinator certification examination, this self-paced booklet is an ideal complement to Apple's personal education type and a main primer for machine help group of workers who have to troubleshoot and optimize Mac OS X as a part of their jobs. bankruptcy assessment sections and quizzes summarize and make stronger received wisdom.
Read or Download Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials PDF
Similar operating systems books
Get yourself up to speed with practicum tests to effectively take both the Novell qualified Linux specialist (CLP) or the Novell qualified Linux Engineer (CLE) examination with the Novell Linux Certification Practicum Lab guide. the 1st half the ebook contains workouts with eventualities and appropriate historical past info.
* What the booklet covers: Introducing the various iPod versions, getting all started together with your iPod, constructing iTunes and your iPod, purchasing on the iTunes shop, bringing content material into iTunes, taking part in content material in iTunes, sharing content material out of your iTunes library, coping with pictures and movies, synchronizing units with iTunes, burning CDs from iTunes, enjoying iPod content material, getting stressed for playback, fine-tuning the sound, opting for an encoding structure, going cellular, utilizing your iPod as a troublesome force, synchronizing own information together with your iPod, updating and troubleshooting, keeping battery existence, and extra.
Unencumber the secrets and techniques of the Terminal and realize how this robust software solves difficulties the Finder cannot deal with. With this useful consultant, you will study instructions for numerous projects, corresponding to killing courses that refuse to hand over, renaming a wide batch of documents in seconds, or working jobs within the heritage if you do different paintings.
Get hands-on adventure with Apple's speedy programming language by way of development actual operating apps. With this functional consultant, expert programmers with very little wisdom of Apple improvement will the best way to code with speedy 2 by means of constructing 3 entire, tightly associated types of the Notes program for the OS X, iOS, and watchOS structures.
- Mac OS X Tiger For Dummies
- Windows 7 révélé
- SuSE Linux 7.0 Installation, Netzwerk, Know How
- Apostila - Linux Famelix cmp
Extra info for Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials
This way if someone gains physical access to the computer when you step away for a moment, they will not have administrative privileges. Creating and Editing User Accounts Both administrator and standard users use Accounts preferences to manage user accounts. Although standard users can change their own account information, such as the login password, only administrator users can add or delete user accounts. Throughout this lesson, we assume that you are initially logged in as an administrator using an account named Apple Admin.
7. Click the lock icon at the bottom left of the window, then authenticate as Apple Admin. 8. Click Turn On FileVault. 9. Type Warren's password (warren) in the Password field and click OK. A warning message appears asking you if you are sure you want to turn on FileVault. 10. Take a moment to read the warning message, and then click Turn On FileVault. The system logs out Warren and displays a message indicating that the system is encrypting Warren's home folder and displays a progress bar. The system creates a sparse disk image, copies the home folder into the image, and deletes the old home folder.
14. Log in to the Apple Admin account. Securing Your Macintosh With its UNIX core, Mac OS X has many robust built-in security features that restrict attempts to compromise the system, either intentionally or accidentally. However, as with any security system, there are ways to bypass or override the controls. In the end, to secure your machine, you must control physical access to the computer as well as user access to the files on the computer. There are various types of passwords used in Mac OS X, although some of these are optional: • Login password Each user should have a single login password that is used in the login window and prevents other users from accessing his or her files.
Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials by Owen Linzmayer