By Saroj Rout, Sameer Sonkusale
This e-book covers the theoretical historical past, experimental tools and implementation info to engineer for conversation and imaging software, terahertz units utilizing metamaterials, in mainstream semiconductor foundry tactics. This ebook will offer engineers and physicists an authoritative connection with build such units with minimum historical past. The authors describe the layout and development of electromagnetic (EM) units for terahertz frequencies (108-1010 cycles/sec) utilizing man made fabrics which are a fragment of the wavelength of the incident EM wave, leading to an effective electric and magnetic homes (permittivity and permeability) which are unavailable in traditional materials.
Read or Download Active Metamaterials: Terahertz Modulators and Detectors PDF
Best extraction & processing books
"Materials technological know-how in production" makes a speciality of fabrics technological know-how and fabrics processing basically for engineering and expertise scholars getting ready for careers in production. The textual content additionally serves as an invaluable reference on fabrics technology for the practitioner engaged in production in addition to the start graduate pupil.
This thorough evaluation of the chemistry of excessive Tc superconductors presents vast insurance of the structural and artificial solid-state chemistry of oxide superconductors in addition to enormous reference fabric on characterization equipment. Written by means of 27 specialists within the box, the e-book fulfills a necessity for a condensed, single-source reference.
This publication is a evaluate of the technological know-how and know-how of the point carbon and its allotropes: graphite, diamond and the fullerenes. This box has extended significantly within the final 3 many years inspired by means of many significant discoveries similar to carbon fibers, low-pressure diamond and the fullerenes. those carbon fabrics are very various in constitution and houses.
- Properties, Processing and Applications of Indium Phosphide
- Rubber as a Construction Material for Corrosion Protection: A Comprehensive Guide for Process Equipment Designers (Wiley-Scrivener)
- Handbook of Vlsi Microlithography. Principles, Technology and Applications
- Theory of Thermomechanical Processes in Welding
- Hybrid Methods of Molecular Modeling
- Nanostructured Materials. Processing, Properties, and Applications
Additional resources for Active Metamaterials: Terahertz Modulators and Detectors
Ferguson, S. Wang, D. Gray, D. C. Zhang, Opt. Lett. 27(15), 1312 (2002) 40. W. Lee, Q. Hu, Opt. Lett. 30(19), 2563 (2005) 41. Q. D. C. Zhang, Appl. Phys. Lett. 69(8), 1026 (1996) 42. M. Helm, E. Colas, P. England, F. J. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 53(18), 1714 (1988) 43. J. Faist, F. L. Sivco, C. L. Y. Cho, Science 264(5158), 553 (1994) 44. R. Khler, A. Tredicucci, F. E. H. G. A. C. Iotti, F. Rossi, Nature 417(6885), 156 (2002) 45. M. Lee, Q. Qin, S. S. Williams, Q. L. Reno, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89(14), 141125 (2006) 46.
Strikwerda, C. D. Averitt, S. J. Padilla, Opt. Express 19(10), 9968 (2011) 100. R. J. Cui, D. Huang, B. R. Smith, Phys. Rev. E 76(2), 026606 (2007) 101. R. B. Pendry, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 23(3), 391 (2006) 102. A. B. Pendry, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 20(29), 295222 (2008) 103. K. B. V. Hajnal, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 21(29), 292201 (2009) 104. J. Pendry, A. Holden, D. Robbins, W. Stewart, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 47(11), 2075 (1999) 105. G. Dolling, C. Enkrich, M. F. M. Soukoulis, S. Linden, Opt.
2) where the wavenumber of the incident wave is k D 2 = and d is the unit cell dimension. 3) eff It is difficult from experiments to measure the scattering parameters but it is easily calculated from simulations and the full material response can be calculated using Eqs. 3). 2 Design for Fabrication in Foundry Processes Since Pendry’s demonstration of microwave artificial plasma using thin wire medium in 1996 , there has been an explosion of research activities in the area of metamaterials to artificially tailor materials properties for frequencies all the way up to visible spectrum [8, 9].
Active Metamaterials: Terahertz Modulators and Detectors by Saroj Rout, Sameer Sonkusale