By Curt Simmons
A useful technical help source offers skill-building and troubleshooting information regarding home windows XP, in addition to concise guideline in universal projects and often encountered difficulties, overlaying such themes as deploy, upgrading, and configuraton; handling documents and folders; purposes; networking; diagnosing and troubleshooting; and preventative upkeep.
Read Online or Download A+ Technician's on the Job Guide to Windows XP PDF
Similar operating systems books
Get yourself up to speed with practicum assessments to effectively take both the Novell qualified Linux expert (CLP) or the Novell qualified Linux Engineer (CLE) examination with the Novell Linux Certification Practicum Lab handbook. the 1st 1/2 the publication includes workouts with eventualities and appropriate history info.
* What the e-book covers: Introducing the several iPod versions, getting all started together with your iPod, constructing iTunes and your iPod, purchasing on the iTunes shop, bringing content material into iTunes, taking part in content material in iTunes, sharing content material out of your iTunes library, coping with photographs and video clips, synchronizing units with iTunes, burning CDs from iTunes, taking part in iPod content material, getting stressed for playback, fine-tuning the sound, picking out an encoding structure, going cellular, utilizing your iPod as a troublesome force, synchronizing own information together with your iPod, updating and troubleshooting, holding battery existence, and extra.
Unencumber the secrets and techniques of the Terminal and observe how this robust instrument solves difficulties the Finder cannot deal with. With this convenient consultant, you will examine instructions for quite a few initiatives, resembling killing courses that refuse to surrender, renaming a wide batch of records in seconds, or operating jobs within the history when you do different paintings.
Get hands-on adventure with Apple's speedy programming language by way of development genuine operating apps. With this functional consultant, expert programmers with very little wisdom of Apple improvement will find out how to code with fast 2 through constructing 3 whole, tightly associated types of the Notes software for the OS X, iOS, and watchOS systems.
- iPod & iTunes VISUAL Quick Tips (Visual Quick Tips)
- Special Edition Using Mac OS X Leopard
- Mac OS X: The Missing Manual, Panther Edition
- Mac OS X Lion Portable Genius
Extra info for A+ Technician's on the Job Guide to Windows XP
This feature turns on keyboard help pointers that some applications that you use may support. Sound The Sound tab of the Accessibility Options category gives you two quick options to enable Windows sounds to help you. The first option is the SoundSentry. Depending on what happens with Windows XP (or what you do), certain warning or notice sounds are made, such as when you close programs or when error messages appear. The SoundSentry option enables these warnings to appear on your screen instead of as a sound.
As you adjust it, your desktop area (including your icons) will become either larger or smaller depending on the option that you select. The tab also has an Advanced button. This option opens the properties pages for your video card. For most systems, the default settings should suffice, but these pages offer a few options that can help you solve particular problems: • On the General tab, you can change the dots per inch (DPI) setting, which by default is typically set around 96. Increasing this value can increase the size of the items found on the screen.
Scanners and Camera Because of the popularity of scanners and digital cameras, Windows XP includes a Control Panel icon to help you manage these hardware devices. You can learn about installing and managing scanners and cameras in Chapter 4. 36 Chapter 2: Operating System Fundamentals Chapter 2: Operating System Fundamentals 37 Scheduled Tasks The Scheduled Tasks folder in Control Panel contains several wizards you can use to help you set up a variety of PC maintenance utilities to run in the background.
A+ Technician's on the Job Guide to Windows XP by Curt Simmons